- A coming to; the act of acceding and becoming joined; as, a king"s accession to a confederacy
- Increase by something added; that which is added; augmentation from without; as, an accession of wealth or territory
- The only accession which the Roman empire received was the province of Britain. - Gibbon
- (Law): A mode of acquiring property, by which the owner of a corporeal substance which receives an addition by growth, or by labor, has a right to the part or thing added, or the improvement (provided the thing is not changed into a different species). Thus, the owner of a cow becomes the owner of her calf
- (Law): The act by which one power becomes party to engagements already in force between other powers - Kent
- The act of coming to or reaching a throne, an office, or dignity; as, the accession of the house of Stuart; -- applied especially to the epoch of a new dynasty.
- (Medicine): The invasion, approach, or commencement of a disease; a fit or paroxysm.
9 letters in word "accession": A C C E I N O S S.
No anagrams for accession found in this word list.